Will I get sent back to jail after my court date? 11 Answers as of January 15, 2014

I am on probation for a DUI and violated my probation. I was arrested and made bail. I got court soon but I’m scared the judge will throw me back in there.

O'Leary Associates, P.A.
O'Leary Associates, P.A. | John A. O'Leary
It is quite possible if the DUI was more than a first offense.
Of course he/she will, because you violated probation.
This depends on how you violated your probation, how you are doing otherwise and how mad you have made the judge.
Depending on the circumstances of the violation, you can be sent back to jail. I suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Ginsberg & Associates | Jacob Ginsberg
I know if you do not appear then you are certainly going to go back to jail. Talk to an attorney and figure out the best strategy. The judge can always grant you more probation
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    When you violate probation, the prosecutor can file a motion to revoke your probation. If he does, then there will be a hearing in court, where the judge decides whether to revoke your probation and sentence you for the original crime you are currently on probation for.
    Law Office of Robert Sisson | Robert Sisson
    Very possibly. You need an attorney.
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
    Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
    Cannot answer the question. Jail is up to the judge.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    Without knowing the nature of your probation violation and many other facts, I cannot advise you. But you would be foolish if you do not hire a lawyer. This is serious stuff.
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    Maybe, your question is best answered by the lawyer who handled the underlying case. Many factors will help the Judge determine whether you go back to jail, do some jail alternative or get a stern reprimand, what did you do to violate your probation? What jurisdiction is your case being prosecuted, who is your Judge and prosecutor, how serious was the underlying DUI? The answers to these and probably others will determine whether you go to jail.or not.