Will I get sent back to jail after my court date? 11 Answers as of January 15, 2014

I am on probation for a DUI and violated my probation. I was arrested and made bail. I got court soon but I’m scared the judge will throw me back in there.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
O'Leary Associates, P.A.
O'Leary Associates, P.A. | John A. O'Leary
It is quite possible if the DUI was more than a first offense.
Answer Applies to: South Carolina
Replied: 1/15/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Of course he/she will, because you violated probation.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/14/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
This depends on how you violated your probation, how you are doing otherwise and how mad you have made the judge.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/14/2014
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Depending on the circumstances of the violation, you can be sent back to jail. I suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/10/2014
Ginsberg & Associates | Jacob Ginsberg
I know if you do not appear then you are certainly going to go back to jail. Talk to an attorney and figure out the best strategy. The judge can always grant you more probation
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/10/2014
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    When you violate probation, the prosecutor can file a motion to revoke your probation. If he does, then there will be a hearing in court, where the judge decides whether to revoke your probation and sentence you for the original crime you are currently on probation for.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri
    Replied: 1/10/2014
    Law Office of Robert Sisson | Robert Sisson
    Very possibly. You need an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 1/10/2014
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/10/2014
    Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
    Cannot answer the question. Jail is up to the judge.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 1/10/2014
    Barton Barton & Plotkin
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    Without knowing the nature of your probation violation and many other facts, I cannot advise you. But you would be foolish if you do not hire a lawyer. This is serious stuff.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 1/10/2014
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    Maybe, your question is best answered by the lawyer who handled the underlying case. Many factors will help the Judge determine whether you go back to jail, do some jail alternative or get a stern reprimand, what did you do to violate your probation? What jurisdiction is your case being prosecuted, who is your Judge and prosecutor, how serious was the underlying DUI? The answers to these and probably others will determine whether you go to jail.or not.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/10/2014
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!