Will I get jail time for a first offense DUI? 11 Answers as of May 19, 2014

I was charged with super drunk and had a BAC of .18. There was no accident or injury to the car or anyone. I have no criminal history. Will I be sentenced to jail time and how can this affect a college scholarship?

You are looking at mandatory minimum jail time. Depends on what college you are attending. Harvard may not care, but community college will care.
This depends on all the facts and the judge that you have. Some judges give every drunk driver some jail.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Usually probation and DUI school and counseling.
Instead of worrying about the jail time, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Robert S. Evans ESQ | Robert S. Evans ESQ
Quite a bit depends on where the case is being prosecuted. I handle these matters in a daily basis.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Probably not. Usual first time punishment is probation, fine and class.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    Whether you get jail time or not depends on where your offense occurred. Certain counties, prosecutors and judges are stricter than others. Please contact an attorney asap.
    You should really engage an attorney to attempt to mitigate the damages which you have caused yourself. Given the level of alcohol you will most probably be sentenced to some form of community service, certainly find, have disastrous effects on your insurance rates, and it is possible that some jail time will be ordered. It is also certain that such conviction will have a potential effect on your future and will not be able to be expunged. It is difficult to offer an opinion as to whether or not it will affect a college scholarship.
    Jail is always possible, especially on a super drunk or high BAC charge. While jail for first time DUI offenders is far from the norm, it is not as uncommon as it used to be. There are a few judges in certain courts that regularly do it. You need to retain an experienced DUI attorney in your area that is familiar with the court he will be appearing in. Have him thoroughly review the police reports, dash cam video, maintenance and calibration records for the evidential breath test, certifications of the officer, and administration of any field sobriety test to determine if there are any deficiencies or defenses that can be used to get you a better plea reduction or dismiss the case. How it will affect your scholarship is up to your particular college or the organization that gives you the scholarship. It can be quite detrimental to have an alcohol related offense on your record so you need to invest in a good DUI attorney. Keep in mind that DUI's, like all driving offenses, can never be expunged or removed from either your criminal or driving records. Some jurisdictions will not even offer you a plea reduction on high BAC charges so that necessitates you get a good DUI lawyer more than ever.
    Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
    Depends on the Judge and it there were any aggravating circumstances.
    Nichols Law Firm
    Nichols Law Firm | Michael J. Nichols
    Unfortunately it depends on the judge. You should find qualified DUI counsel immediately.