Will I get into trouble with the law if I legally own my gun but roommate is felon? 2 Answers as of June 30, 2016

I'm currently renting a room and have recently signed a six month lease. I own a gun in which is registered in my name. I was just informed that my landlord which also resides in house as well, is a convicted felon. I also was informed that they are currently working on a case whereas they intend to raid my address due to fact a previous tenant turned him in for selling and using illegal narcotics. In addition to several other illegal situations. Am I going to have trouble with the law because I own my gun and it’s registered in my name? I had no idea he was a convicted felon until just a few days ago. However, if I'm going to be legally responsible for having my gun in my possession at my current address, I definitely need to vacate ASAP! If the police do actually "raid" the home, I'm currently living in and they do in fact find any meth or other narcotics, will I too be taken to jail. Whereas this could take place at any time and I definitely do not wish to be arrested for something I have absolutely nothing to do with whatsoever.

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
First, you would not get in trouble solely because you owned the gun and the landlord is a felon. He could be in big trouble. As for there being an illegal substance in the house, if you share common areas such as the kitchen, living room and other areas, you have every reason to be concerned what would happen if the house was searched pursuant to a search warrant. Sound to me you already know what you need to do look for another residence. Good luck.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
You can legally possess your gun. If there is any indication it can be considered accessible to your roommate, then he or she is who has a major problem. However, if there are drugs in the home and your roommate is on someone's radar, go find a new living situation. there's this sad pesky but real thing called constructive possession. you don't need the headache or expense of having to defend a charge of possession on that theory.