Will I get deported for being a first time offender of drug possession? 1 Answers as of August 03, 2011

I am a first time offender, a senior who made a mistake and was arrested for possession of a very small amount (0.1-0.15 gram) of meth on June 30th in Contra Costa County. I have a green card since 1997What is most likely to be the courts take on this? Will I get deported or? Can anything be done?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
The arrest can have serious consequences for your immigration status if convicted. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can work closely with the criminal attorney who represents you in the criminal case. There are a number of considerations for a possible plea and sentencing for the offense. California has a rehabilitative statute that may alleviate the immigration consequences. The terms of your plea and the actual conviction will determine the consequences for your immigration status.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: