Will I get a court date reminder in the mail? 8 Answers as of July 29, 2014

I live in Michigan and I'm curious as to whether or not I'll receive a court date reminder in the mail and how long before my court date that I will receive the reminder.

Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
It depends on the court. While a vast majority of state-courts still mail documents, paperless options are growing in popularity. Some courts are entirely paperless and, ultimately, paperless set-ups are a growing trend in the business. Further, Some courts have easy-to-use websites that allow users to track their cases quickly and a majority of courts now have some type of online presence. However, if the court's website is not an option, a phone-call to the court may help clear up any confusion about potential court-dates. If you have lawyer, I recommend that you contact your lawyer. Your lawyer should have that information if it is available. Some courts require the respective attorneys alone to provide notices to their clients and will not send out separate notices.
Sometimes. But make sure that you go there whether you get one or not.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
You will receive a reminder, either from the court or from your attorney. You must have notice of a hearing in order to be compelled to attend. The amount of time before the court date will depend on the court and the charge but could be as little as a few days.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
Depends on the court.
No. You'll get a court date in the mail, but they don't send reminders.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    The court does not send out reminders. If you do not recall, you can call the court.
    What type of case is it-criminal or civil? If you received notice in person, meaning the court orally informed you of your next court date the last time you were in court, most courts will not send you a written notice in the mail. If you have an attorney, the court may just send a written notice to the attorney and it is his responsibility to send you the notice. If you have not received any notice or do not know when your next court date is, try contacting the court clerk.
    You will receive one notice of the court date generally, and no "reminders". Pay attention, the failure to do so is significant.