Will I get child custody if I get a divorce? 6 Answers as of June 11, 2013

My wife and I are at odds with each other. Our marriage has been very difficult. We now find ourselves battling over custody of our two-year-old daughter. She was put on 5 year probation in 2009. Stealing pain medication. Last December she was arrested on felony charge of receiving stolen property, she is waiting her court date. In Feb. she was arrested again for stealing, currently she is awaiting judgment on that charge as well. Do I stand a chance to get my daughter if I file for divorce?

Cohen & Kendziorra, P.A.
Cohen & Kendziorra, P.A. | Robert S. Cohen
Yes, you have a very good chance. If you can provide a stable, loving home and considering the mother's criminal history, there is a good chance the court will find that it is in the child's best interest that her primary physical residence is with you, the father.
Well, this is a bankruptcy web site..... but you certainly have a shot at custody. Make sure you have a lawyer that is up to the fight.
Yes, you absolutely do. You need some legal advice so that you can plan what you are going to do. Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the first office visit. I know people worry about how expensive a lawyer is, so I am careful to be as inexpensive as I can for my clients. Before you spend a dime, you will know how much this is likely to be.
No.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
    I would say that you have a good chance of getting primary custody. If you are in my area and are looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.