Will I get anything if I applied for chapter 7 bankruptcy? 7 Answers as of March 06, 2013

My lawyers for $250,000. 00. They got $100,000. 00 plus attorney’s of $24789. 23, a total of $124,789. 2. The rest is in trust fund. Medical provider is asking for 125, 000. 00. I am filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy. Will I get anything?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Danville Law Group | Scott Jordan
Yes, you can exempt all or a significant portion of a personal injury recovery in bankruptcy. If you file before the doctors are paid, you may be able to discharge the doctor's bills and keep some or most of the cash for yourself.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2013
Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
You must retain a bankruptcy attorney to assist you and to try to properly protect the exempt portion of your award to the extent possible.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 3/5/2013
Moffa & Bonacquisti, P.A.
Moffa & Bonacquisti, P.A. | John A. Moffa
Probably NOT if you file for bankruptcy. Consult with a bankruptcy attorney ASAP.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/4/2013
A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
There is no way to tell what is going on based on your limited description of the facts. There is no substitute for an in person consultation with a bankruptcy attorney.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 3/4/2013
Weber & Phillips, P.A.
Weber & Phillips, P.A. | John G. Phillips
I'm afraid there isn't enough detail in your question to give you any information. However, seek out good, local counsel for your bankruptcy and they can tell you, based upon the laws in your jurisdiction, what you need to know.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Replied: 3/4/2013
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
    Bankruptcy is a very complicated process. It is wise to talk to an experienced bankruptcy attorney before deciding to take this important step.
    Answer Applies to: Arizona
    Replied: 3/4/2013
    Ken Love Law | Kenneth Love
    Speak to an attorney in your area. We do not have enough information from your post to provide an proper answer.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina
    Replied: 3/4/2013
Click to View More Answers: