Will I get anything if I applied for chapter 7 bankruptcy? 7 Answers as of March 06, 2013

My lawyers for $250,000. 00. They got $100,000. 00 plus attorney’s of $24789. 23, a total of $124,789. 2. The rest is in trust fund. Medical provider is asking for 125, 000. 00. I am filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy. Will I get anything?

Yes, you can exempt all or a significant portion of a personal injury recovery in bankruptcy. If you file before the doctors are paid, you may be able to discharge the doctor's bills and keep some or most of the cash for yourself.
Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
You must retain a bankruptcy attorney to assist you and to try to properly protect the exempt portion of your award to the extent possible.
Moffa & Bonacquisti, P.A.
Moffa & Bonacquisti, P.A. | John A. Moffa
Probably NOT if you file for bankruptcy. Consult with a bankruptcy attorney ASAP.
There is no way to tell what is going on based on your limited description of the facts. There is no substitute for an in person consultation with a bankruptcy attorney.
Weber & Phillips, P.A.
Weber & Phillips, P.A. | John G. Phillips
I'm afraid there isn't enough detail in your question to give you any information. However, seek out good, local counsel for your bankruptcy and they can tell you, based upon the laws in your jurisdiction, what you need to know.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
    Bankruptcy is a very complicated process. It is wise to talk to an experienced bankruptcy attorney before deciding to take this important step.
    Ken Love Law | Kenneth Love
    Speak to an attorney in your area. We do not have enough information from your post to provide an proper answer.