Will I face problems getting citizenship if I divorce? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I got my Green Card through marriage. My Wife and me have been separated for the past 2 yrs. We were going to file a divorce but havent done it yet. Oct 10 2010 is my five year anniversary since my Permanent residency. What problems will I face if I file for Citizenship now?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
You should not face any problems based on your separation from your wife since you have been a permanent residence for more than 5 years.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/28/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You can naturalize after 4yrs and 9 months from the date you obtained the green card; if still married it is 2yrs and 9 months.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: