Will I face consequences for blowing off my court date after getting charged with an OUI? 7 Answers as of June 18, 2015

Even though I did not go to court, I want to take care of this now. I got charged and arrested for getting an OUI last month.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will get arrested and jailed on a failure to appear warrant.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/18/2015
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
Because you did not appear at the hearing, a warrant has been issued for your arrest. You need to turn yourself in to resolve the matter.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/16/2015
Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
Again, get a lawyer now to clear up the warrant before the cops pick you up and you sit in jail just waiting for a court date!!! Get a lawyer now! Do not think you can go this alone!
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/16/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/15/2015
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
In Illinois, if you failed to appear in court for a DUI, a warrant would be issued for your arrest. The following month, a judgment would be entered against you. This will result in the Secretary of State revoking your driver's license.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/15/2015
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
    Of course you will. No doubt there has been issued a warrant due to your failure to appear. Your best bet is to contact the court and see if they have a warrant recall calendar. If not, they court may require you to turn yourself in, upon which you will be booked and then appear before a judge. Based upon the severity of the charges, I suggest you retain an attorney to help you.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 6/15/2015
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    You can't get away with missing a court date. There is probably a bench warrant out for you right now. Call up the Clerk of Court (or else the D.A.). Say that you missed your court date and you want to straighten it out. They will likely give you a new date, and/or insist that you come to the judge's outer office and pick up a 'notice in hand' for your next appearance. If you think, or know, that there is a warrant out for you, behave in public in all respects like a law-abiding citizen: stay within the speed limit; make full stops at stop signs; respect traffic signals; avoid getting into fights in public; avoid driving after having even one drink, etc. That way you won't come to the attention of the police, and they won't find out about the warrant. Good Luck. Make the call now.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 6/15/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!