Will I face consequences for blowing off my court date after getting charged with an OUI? 7 Answers as of June 18, 2015

Even though I did not go to court, I want to take care of this now. I got charged and arrested for getting an OUI last month.

You will get arrested and jailed on a failure to appear warrant.
Because you did not appear at the hearing, a warrant has been issued for your arrest. You need to turn yourself in to resolve the matter.
Ksicinski
Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
Again, get a lawyer now to clear up the warrant before the cops pick you up and you sit in jail just waiting for a court date!!! Get a lawyer now! Do not think you can go this alone!
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
In Illinois, if you failed to appear in court for a DUI, a warrant would be issued for your arrest. The following month, a judgment would be entered against you. This will result in the Secretary of State revoking your driver's license.
    Of course you will. No doubt there has been issued a warrant due to your failure to appear. Your best bet is to contact the court and see if they have a warrant recall calendar. If not, they court may require you to turn yourself in, upon which you will be booked and then appear before a judge. Based upon the severity of the charges, I suggest you retain an attorney to help you.
    You can't get away with missing a court date. There is probably a bench warrant out for you right now. Call up the Clerk of Court (or else the D.A.). Say that you missed your court date and you want to straighten it out. They will likely give you a new date, and/or insist that you come to the judge's outer office and pick up a 'notice in hand' for your next appearance. If you think, or know, that there is a warrant out for you, behave in public in all respects like a law-abiding citizen: stay within the speed limit; make full stops at stop signs; respect traffic signals; avoid getting into fights in public; avoid driving after having even one drink, etc. That way you won't come to the attention of the police, and they won't find out about the warrant. Good Luck. Make the call now.