Will I ever be able to purchase a firearm after I was convicted of a felony that was reduced to a misdemeanor? 3 Answers as of March 06, 2015

I was convicted of a felony 11350. Upon successful completion of the drug diversion program it was reduced to a misdemeanor. Will I ever be able to purchase a firearm or have I lost my privileges forever? Does proposition 47 have any effect on this?

Sorry to tell you that H&S 11350 was never a misdemeanor until the passage of Prop 47 so it could not have been reduced to a misdemeanor at the end of your diversion program. Prop 47 will not help either since it was a felony conviction at the time of your sentencing. You will need to apply for a certificate of rehabilitation to start and then possibly a governor's pardon.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
If the felony conviction was the only barrier to you being able to legally possess a firearm, then the reduction to misdemeanor shall solve that issue since you will not have a felony conviction. Prop 47 reduces felonies to misdemeanors. This would not apply to you if your felony is already reduced.
Donrad Law Offices
Donrad Law Offices | Sean Donrad
I would say, you could, but it may also dependent on expungement procedures, and how old your conviction is, you may file a petition to get the rights back for carrying a fire arm.