Will I ever be able to own a hunting rifle after getting multiple felonies in Nebraska? 1 Answers as of January 24, 2011

At some point I would like to obtain my rights to own hunting firearms, however I am a convicted felon with multiple convictions. These happened over about a 7 year time frame from the ages of 19 to 25. I am 29 now and have been completely law abiding since the last incident. I understand there is no difference in what the felony was for, but just to point out, they were all property/theft related. I would like to know if at some point I would be able to obtain my rights to own hunting rifles. I know that expunging my record would be an option, however I really don't see that happening considering I've got multiple convictions. Are there options to have certain rights restored, like gun rights, while still having the convictions on my record? Any info would be great. Thanks.

The Law Office of Eric R. Chandler, P.C., L.L.O.
The Law Office of Eric R. Chandler, P.C., L.L.O. | Eric R. Chandler
No, you will not be able to own a firearm again.