Will I encounter problems for overstaying my I-94? Posted on April 05, 2011

I'm currently in Colorado, came here on 08/27/2010 and my I-94 expired on 02/28/2011. On January of this year I submitted an application to extend my nonimmigrant status and I was pretty sure they were going to approve it, so I overstayed here in the states and just got a letter saying they denied my application. Now, my boyfriend and I (he is a US citizen) don't really want to be away from each other and are thinking about getting engaged and marry soon. My question is that if I've been here without any legal status for 2 months, would it be better to go back to my country and apply for a fiancee visa and would I have a problem getting it approved because of my overstayed? or should I stay here and get married here and adjust my status as well without any problem within the next 4 months?