Will I do time if I was cited for a possession of assault weapons in November 2012, arrested in June 2017 and charged with P30605? 1 Answers as of October 01, 2017

I was cited for possession of assault weapons back in 2012 and never got a court date. I even called the police station. I was told that they don't have anything on the systems under my name. Almost 5 years later, I got pulled over. I was told that I have a warrant for my arrest but I was released in 3 hours. My court date is in a few weeks. Am I going to jail? I have never been charged with anything in my life.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you. Then the lawyer can file what is called a SERNA motion to get the case dismissed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/1/2017
Click to View More Answers: