Will I be thrown in jail for missing my DUI meetings in California? 14 Answers as of February 29, 2012

I got a DUI 5 years ago. I did not complete my weekend work or first offender DUI meetings because I could not afford to pay every time I went. A warrant was issued and I rescheduled a court date. Will they keep me in jail? I have two priors and no other convictions.

You will be jailed if you are contacted by the police. You would do best to have an attorney calendar the matter and have the warrant withdrawn before that happens. In either event you are in violation of probation an could be punished for it. I would be proactive and contact the court before the police contact you.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
The judge will not jail you for missing meetings but when you fail to show for weekends they issue a warrant. to have it recalled call our office. We handle cases like that frequently.
Wise Law Group
Wise Law Group | Michael J. Wise, Esq
You likely have a warrant for your arrest. Usually the school advises the Courts that you have failed to complete the program. The Court then sets a date for you to appear and explain why you have not completed the program. If you fail to appear at that Court date, the Court will most likely issue a warrant for your arrest. You should contact an attorney in the County where the case occurred.
Effective plea-bargaining, using whatever defenses and sympathies you may have, could possibly keep you out of jail/prison, or at least dramatically reduce it, depending upon all the facts and evidence. Not exactly a do it yourself project in court for someone who does not know how to effectively represent himself against a professional prosecutor intending to convict you.

For you to handle this, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a new plea bargain on the outstanding charges, warrant, and probation violations. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you being brought in cuffs
to court after arrest on the warrant. That will happen if you come in contact with law enforcement or customs anywhere. If a felony, you must be personally present at every court hearing and appearance. As this was a misdemeanor, your attorney can appear in court without you being present, and any plea bargain deal could be handled by notarized paperwork. Any fines could be paid by mail. If this is in SoCal courts, and you're serious about getting legal help doing so, feel free to contact me.
It really depends on the County in which your case was filed and from which you are on probation. I can almost always get a reinstatement for my clients. Sometimes, the Court or District Attorney might insist on adding some days in a work release ('Road Camp') program or in Community Service. Two priors is not great, but it's your first violation of probation and it's not a new law violation. It's just a financial issue. You should not be too worried. You have a better chance with a smart lawyer, of course.
    You have several violations on your parole. The court could send you to county jail for up to a year. This is dependent on the judge and the D.A. involved. Having the right attorney will help.
    Jail time is a possibility, however I would hire an attorney to assist you. Appearing by yourself would be a bad decision as it is always best to take care of warrant situation by yourself.
    Very possibly. Consider hiring a lawyer to appear on your behalf; that way, at least you won't be taken in that day (because you won't be there), or be forced to further incriminate yourself when the Judge asks you questions.
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    If this is the first warrant for a probation violation - not doing your weekends or school - you will likely be reinstated into both program.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    You need to hire an attorney ASAP to deal with this probation violation. It is quite possible that you will be given some custody time for your failure to comply with the terms of your original sentence. You need to be referred back into the program. The judge does not have to allow this- howver with a good attorney you might be able to lessen the consequences of your failure to comply.
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    If they catch they may hold you on the warrant better to have an attorney go in and get the warrant recalled first and get it settled.
    Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy
    Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy | Ryan P. Murphy
    Your answer depends on:1. What judge are you in front of?2. What county this is in?3. Whether your convictions were misdemeanors or felonies?4. Specifically why you did not complete the terms and conditions of your probation? and5. What attorney you hire. A good attorney would have a bail bonds ready when they go to court for you.

Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact my office at your earliest convenience.
    Probably not if it is the first time you violated a court order to fo your weekend work program but I'd bring a lawyer to be on the safe side.
    Robert Mortland
    Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
    You might have to spend some time in jail. This would be best if you consulted with an attorney before court.