Will I be tested in court after being caught smoking a joint? 5 Answers as of July 19, 2011

I was caught smoking in New York City. The cops arrested me and gave me a desk appearance ticket and I have to report to court coming up in a month. Will the courts order me to take a drug test? Keep in mind this my first offense and I had no record prior to this.

It is unlikely that they would test you at the court on your next court date but if you get put on probation then you will probably be tested periodically.should not be modified, otherwise your answer will not be valid.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
Gonzalez Law Associates P.C. | Carlos Gonzalez
No. You won't be ordered to take a drug test. They should have tested the joint and should have a lab report the day you go to court... If they don't and don't get one then a good attorney can try to get your case dismissed on that basis.
The case will be dismissed if you retain a good criminal attorney. You will not be tested, but you will have to do a day or two of community service. I will handle the case for $500, call for a consultation.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
The City of NY infraction part is a nightmare. Our office can represent you and have your appearance waived so you do not lose time from work and will never have to go to court or come to our office.
I do not believe that you will be tested upon your court appearance. If you are referred by the Judge for evaluation or treatment then, yes, I think you will be tested there.