Will I be sued for an unpaid credit card bill under $500? 6 Answers as of September 11, 2013

Wondering if it's possible to be sued for a low credit card bill around $500? I'd rather put my money towards paying off a larger debt.

Law Office of John C. Farrell, Jr.
Law Office of John C. Farrell, Jr. | John C. Farrell, Jr.
Once someone defaults on a payment that is called a breach of contract even if it is for $1.00. The person that is owed the money has the legal right to try to collect on this debt which may include legal action.
Sure they can sue you, but they generally don't bother for an amount that low.
Law Office of Barry R. Levine | Barry R. Levine, Esq.
You can be sued, but with such a small amount at issue, if they do, it will probably be in small claims court.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
On occasion you will see a suit for that little, especially if they can claim attorney's fees.
Kirk D. Miller, P.S. | Kirk Miller
Without addressing legal defenses, you certainly can be sued for a credit card bill under $500.00. I don't know whether this creditor/debt collector will do so but it happens frequently. You should also be aware that if the debt collector sues you, the amount they will claim owed will increase dramatically. They will typically add court costs and attorney's fees.