Will I be sent to jail for getting an underage drinking DUI? 12 Answers as of February 29, 2012

Previously, I was put on a restricted license for violating my driving probation as a minor and obtaining too many points on my license, then after I received my license back I received another ticket and had a bit of road rage and was given a misdemeanor and placed on probation and getting my license suspended for three months. Recently, I was pulled over for drinking underage (18) while driving on a suspended license. Will I be sent to jail?

Any time you are put on probation for an offense that potentially carries a jail sentence and then violate probation particularly for something that is similar or relates to the problem underlying the first case you are in big trouble and that could involve jail.
If you were the judge looking at a defendant who had performed as you have, what would you do? Hire a good lawyer.
The Law Offices of Michael S. Berg
The Law Offices of Michael S. Berg | Michael Berg
You will most likely not be sent to jail, but you are sure getting awfully close!
It is very unlikely that you will spend any time in Juvenile Hall for the minor offenses you describe. You might, however, find yourself in classes, counseling and a work or community service program. In fact, that is very likely.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Jail is possible It becomes more and more likely with each new conviction. I believe we could keep you out. For more info or to retain our office call us.
    Depends on how old you are. if old enough maybe.
    Jail time is a possibility with a DUI and probation violation, and jail time can vary. I would recommend hiring an attorney experienced in these types of cases to help minimize consequences. If you would like to call me for a free consultation to discuss your case in more detail, please feel free to do so.
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    Due the amount of offenses and your current record, jail time is always a possibility in any misdemeanor case, however with a good attorney and some proactive behavior on your part like substance abuse counseling and AA prior to the court ordering it, jail time may be avoided. There are never any guarantees but your ability to show the court that your are being responsible always helps.
    You have a good chance of getting some time as the judge will see U as an asshole who just won't learn.
    Possibly, since what you were cited for is a misdemeanor. Consult with a DUI specialist immediately, because certain aspects of the case (ie. DMV) require timely action.
    If you had no priors, I would have said jail is unlikely. You have a whole history, and you face the wrath of court now. As with any misdemeanor, you face up to 6-12 months in jail max. Effective plea bargaining, using whatever defenses and sympathies you may have, could possibly keep you out of jail, depending upon all the facts and evidence. Not exactly a do it yourself project in court for someone who does not know how to effectively represent himself, and who has a rap sheet already. If serious about hiring counsel to help you, feel free to contact me. If you can't afford private counsel, apply for the Public Defender.