Will I be penalized if my tax return preparer submitted a fraudulent return? 4 Answers as of July 31, 2011

How do I know if my professional tax preparer has submitted a fraudulent tax return?

I do not understand what you mean by a "fraudulent" return, but you are responsible for the accuracy of everything on a return if you sign it.
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
First, you are responsible for the contents of any return filed under your name and for any penalties or criminal charges that may be asserted as a result of filing your tax return. Second, you should have reviewed the return before it was filed. Third, you need to retain a tax attorney if for some reason you did not have a chance to review and/or sign this return. Fourth, a reputable tax return preparer, someone who is a tax attorney or CPA, is required to provide you with a copy of your filed return.
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
You are responsible if you signed the return.
Givner & Kaye
Givner & Kaye | Bruce Givner
You will face a large hurdle to prove that you did not provide the information to the CPA. So you should immediately stop using that preparer and hire a new one. Let the new one advise you on whether you should immediately file an amended return.