Will I be locked in jail after turning myself in for 2 warrants? 5 Answers as of March 08, 2011

I have 2 warrants and I am turning myself in on tomorrow for unpaid fines. I just got a job do u think they will let me go? I have unpaid fines and I can pay the one off but not the other I have a 100 dollars tomorrow the other one I am turning myself in do you think they will lock me up or let me go so I can work and pay?

This response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The answers to your questions depends on you providing more information such as are the fines for traffic matters and if so are they just violations or are any of them crimes ( misdemeanors or felonies ) , what is your driving record, do you have a prior criminal recordetc.
You should retain an attorney to surrender you or the judge will probably set a bail of $1,000 or more. There are no excuses for not making court appearances, and unless you were in jail or out of the country there is no reason why you could not have at least called the court. If you cannot afford an attorney call Legal Aid and explain the situation to them. Have your friends or family in court to post bail and bring proof of employment and your residence.CJA may interview you to make a recommendation on bail and it helps if you have family in court, a cell phone, a local residence, employment, and a clean record with no prior bench warrants. Have your friends or family bring as much money as possible to court so that you do not have to use a bail bondsman.Do not give the court any lame excuses as to why you missed your court date, this will simply upset the judge and make matters worse.
It will often depend upon what County and which Judge you get, but more importantly, it will depend upon how long its been since you failed to show up to pay your fines. My suggestion is you should get a little more money together so you can at least pay one full fine. Usually, Court Clerks will not accept the partial payment of a fine. They find it too confusing. Instead, if you can pay at least one fine completely, you may be better off since the Court Clerk will be able to accept it and that will show the Judge you have good intention. Sometimes its better to only appear when you have enough money to pay the full fine so they don't have much of an option to detain you since you've taken care of the fines. On the other hand, it may take the Courts a few weeks to catch up to you once the Warrant is issued. However, remember, you'll be in a lot more trouble if they have to arrest you on the Warrant than if you surrender as soon as possible.

In other words, its a toss-up because it could go either way when you go into surrender yourself, so make sure you have a phone number for someone who can bail you out if necessary.
Raiser & Kenniff, PC
Raiser & Kenniff, PC | Steve Raiser
That will depend on the judge. If you can pay the one you are in better shape than coming to the court with nothing. Based on my experience you should not be jailed.
Law Offices of Carl Spector
Law Offices of Carl Spector | Carl Spector
There are several factors at play. First, when you plead guilty and was sentenced to the fine, what did you plead guilty to? Was there a jail alternative to paying the fine? How much is owed on the unpaid fine? Who the judge is when you return to court? Why you failed to pay the fine on time? Are all the other conditions of your sentence satisfied? What you have in your favor is that you are voluntarily returning to court with money to satisfy at least one of the fines. That you have a job and that if the judge does release you, you would be able to pay the other fine in short order. Good Luck.