Will I be legally liable for a friend who overstayed their visa? 1 Answers as of March 02, 2011

I did invite a friend to come to see me with my daughter I did not see for years. They were supposed to stay for a certain period of time. Since then, my friend ran away at several occasions, and back home missing the flight to go back. I do not want to be seen like someone who hides an illegal since his visa has expired. What should I do to have this person leave the country and follow the appropriate procedure? Who should I report to in order to fix the matter?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
As I dont have the full information on what visa they filed for, and whether your petitioned for them or just invited them over to the U.S. I would advise you to do a letter of withdrawal. Contact my office for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: