Will I be in more trouble for being arrested with a higher BAC in Colorado? 2 Answers as of December 03, 2010

Last week, I got my first DUI ever, and my BAC was a 0.22. I know I messed up, but I want to know if the fact that I had a higher BAC will get me in more trouble than someone who gets a lower BAC, like a 0.09. I had a clean record up to this point, and I am 33.

Anderson & Carnahan
Anderson & Carnahan | Stephen Anderson
First make sure you request a DMV Hearing. Since you are over .17 you face maintaining an ignition interlock for two years in you lose your license. Moreover, for BAC's .207 you are looking at 10 days jail mandatory. You should consult an attorney who specializes in DUI's. I would be glad to discuss your options.
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
A DUI with an alcohol level over .2 does carry an enhanced sentence, including 'jail time' which some courts impose as home detention or work release. You need to consult with a lawyer.