Will I be extradited from California? 6 Answers as of June 07, 2011

Will California extradite from Nevada on a PC 1000 violation? It's my only charge like that besides a drunk in public charge last year, and I don't know anyone that does that outside of California; would California still extradite me if I do better outside of California?

If you are just in Nevada, why not schedule an appearance in California and show up?
Law Office of Maureen Furlong Baldwin
Law Office of Maureen Furlong Baldwin | Maureen Furlong Baldwin
CA has the legal right to extradite. however, they generally dont do so on misdemeanors. If you have a DEJ (PC 1000) and the original case was a felony possession, cant say whether they will choose to extradite. Even if CA does not extradite, that does not stop your warrant from being visible in Nevada. That means you can be arrested in Nevada on a CA warrant and if you stay in jail to see if CA will extradite, as opposed to paying bail, you could be there for as long as it takes for the 2 states to "talk to each other". BTW, CA will not know you are "doing well" in Nevada.
LynchLaw
LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
No one can answer that question. It takes money to have someone transported from out of state. Sometimes a state will decline to pay for the transport on a small case, or a case which has weak evidence.
Extradition is entirely up to the DA involved. No one can predict his decision. If you end up extradited to CA, and if the case is in SoCal, and if you are serious about hiring counsel, feel free to contact me.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
It depends on the underlying charge and the amount the bail is set at. California will not extradite on misdemeanors or low bail cases. However it would be better if you took care of the case before leaving or hired a lawyer to appear for you.