Will I be entitled to support from my husband? 2 Answers as of July 27, 2011

My husband of 11yrs filed for divorce 4 days ago. At this time I am unemployed with no money to live on my own. I need to know if I am entitled to support and will he have to pay for my lawyer fees because for one I don't want a divorce and two I depend solely on him for financial support the last 2 yrs.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Keri Burnstein, P.C.
Keri Burnstein, P.C. | Keri Burnstein
It is hard to answer questions about spousal support without more information. However it is likely that you will be entitled to some support. I recommend meeting with a family law attorney to discuss your situation in greater detail. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/27/2011
Dunnings Law Firm
Dunnings Law Firm | Steven Dunnings
With a marriage that long you might be able to get spousal support for a period of time.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: