Will I be deported if I have no legal status? 3 Answers as of August 03, 2011

I recently got a summons, although I have no legal status. When I get to the judge and truthfully say no legal status, will I get deported or detained to be deported? I have 2 kids, and need advice so they will be prepared.

It depends on the exact criminal charge and if your city/county police agency has an agreement with ICE, such as the Secure Communities fingerprint sharing program. Consult with an immigration attorney that is experienced with the immigration consequences of criminal arrest, charges and convictions.
You are removable and will be put into removing process. But you may be eligible for certain forms of relief. you should hire an experienced immigration lawyer to work with you.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
It is unclear as to what summons you have received. If you are charged with a crime, depending on the county you live, Immigration authority may or may not be aware of your case. If the county you live in has joined ICE Secure Community program, ICE may be alerted to your charges and it may hold you to start the removal proceedings. Please consult with immigration attorney for further advise.