Will I be deported because my student visa has expired? 5 Answers as of December 21, 2010

My student visa has expired and I am no longer in school. Will I be deported and if so How long will the process take? what can I do to stay in the country?

Because your student visa has expired, and you failed to renew your I-20 form for your F-1 visa by being registered for another year at your original college, you are out of status. You had up to 60 days to leave the country after the expiration date on your I-94 card on your passport, after that out of status time begins to run. You can leave within 6 months after that without penalty, but only if Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) does not pick you up first (possible but unlikely). After you six months of expiration, you have an immediate 3 year ban from reapplication for a future immigration benefit, unless you obtain a waiver. After one year it will be a full ten-year ban. If you need other questions answered, call or e-mail to set up an appointment for an in-person or phone consultation. Best to you.
Naziri Hanassab LLP
Naziri Hanassab LLP | Vahid Naziri
Since your student visa has expired, you are now in the US illegally and you could be deported at any time. In terms of staying here legally, without knowing the specific facts of your situation, we cant tell you what your options are.
Law Offices of Daniel Richardson
Law Offices of Daniel Richardson | Daniel R. Richardson
Since your student visa has expired, you are now in the US illegally and you could be deported at any time.

In terms of staying here legally, without knowing the specific facts of your situation, I can't tell you what your options are.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
When you are not in school, you will automatically lose your status. It may take months for deportation proceedings to be completed. However, if you want to stay, my best advice would be to marry a U.S. Citizen.
You are illegal if your visa expired. However, as a student, you are given up to 1 year as OPT. so what you can do is to find a job now and work under OPT. In the meantime, you can ask your employer to sponsor you on H1B.

The other option is to go back to your country and get another visa to come in.

If you need help, please feel free to contact us for consultation.