Will I be denied citizenship for getting a caution after committing theft? 3 Answers as of August 03, 2011

A few years ago I admitted to theft around 30 pounds. I got a caution it was my first and only offense. I'm now 26 and a year ago I went to visit the USA for a 3 week holiday on the i-94 entry form. I answered no to the arrested or convicted of moral turpitude well at the time I had forgotten about my caution and did not understand the term moral turpitude. I now want to marry my USA fiance and apply for a k1 visa what are my chances that they will deny me my visa because of this caution and does this automatically ban me for life from the USA? I am a UK resident

Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Hello, this may come up on your fiance visa, but you should be honest throughout the rest of this application and it should process normally.
It depends on the laws in the UK and how they relate to similar laws in the US. It sounds like a misdemeanor as it was less than $50 USD. This does not ban you for life from the US.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
Only convictions may affect your ability to request a US immigration benefit A simple caution does not affect at all U should have no problem obtaining k1