Will I be charged with underage drinking? 1 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I was at an underage drinking party, I am 17 years old. I was at the party for 5 minutes before the police busted it. I was sober-hadn't drank anything that night. I gave the policewoman my full name, but did not blow when she asked. I then left without the cops' permission when my dad arrived because I was scared of getting in trouble. Is what I did ok? Can I get a drinking ticket? Or anything else?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
I would imagine that you may be in for some kind of ticket for underage drinking, not much more than that. You should be informed of any police action within the next few days, if not contacted, you may be off the hook. This is not a major offense, you are not in jeopardy of jail time, so do not worry about it. If you are summoned to court, be sure to attend or pay the applicable fine.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: