Will I be charged for drug possession if I say it was mine? 14 Answers as of June 23, 2014

I left a small bag of weed in my boyfriend’s car without him knowing. He was pulled over. The officers searched his car and found the small bag. He's being charged with possession. I've only smoked once before years ago and I had a bad experience with it. I had been taking anxiety medicine but it started to make me sick and a friend suggested the weed and gave it to me. It turned out I was pregnant so I had decided to stay away from any kind of drugs.

Yes, you could be. But maybe can get into a diversion program.
You will be charged, IF you say it is yours.
No, because no Judge/prosecutor will believe you.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Yes-if you admit that it was your bag, you will be charged. But it would be terrible if you let your boyfriend take the blame for this.
There is a high probability you would be charged, and in fact both charged. See an attorney with details and advice.
    If you come forward, yes you will be charged. The charges against your boyfriend will likely remain.
    TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law | R. Tambasco
    You could be charged and that would not necessarily mean that your boyfriends charges would be dismissed. However, if you are correct that it is yours and he did not know it was there, perhaps you still have a moral issue deal with.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    They won't believe you.
    Shalvoy Law, LLC | Walter A. Shalvoy Jr.
    It may be too late, and worse case scenario they would charge you both. If your boyfriend has no record and is over 21 it is only an infraction in Connecticut. If not he should be eligible for the Drug Education Program. If he successfully completes it he would have no record.
    Probably. Can probably avoid conviction.
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    Yes, most likely, you would be charged if you told the police or prosecutor it belonged to you. Also, it might not mean they drop the charges against your boyfriend since more than one person can be in possession of a quantity of drugs.