Will I be at risk of losing my conditional residency? 9 Answers as of July 03, 2013

I am a CR-1 Greencard holder. I am planning to visit the Philippines for 4 1/2 months. Will be at risk of losing my Conditional Residency once I get back here in the United States?

Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
No. You can travel on the CR. As long as you have other proof that the marriage is real and you normally live together, a 4 month trip should be OK.
The 4 and month trip by itself would not be enough to jeopardize your conditional residency. The burden is on you though to show a good faith marriage. Is your spouse going with you? What other evidence of good faith marriage do you have?
Since your conditional residency is for proving that you entered into marriage in good faith, you should be able to justify a trip so long and still showing a bonafide marriage.
Is your husband going with you? You should be fine if you maintain your ties to the US (driver's license, bank accounts, credit cards, memberships, etc.), show that the visit is temporary and be sure to return before 6 months. If you are really concerned, file for a re-entry permit as well.
Jacobson & Han LLP, Immigration Attorneys | Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson
When does your conditional residence status expire? You can travel for 4 1/2 months (not longer than 6 months) as long as you file your I-751 in a timely manner. Just make sure you file your I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditional status..
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    No, you can remain outside the U.S. for up to 6 months without jeopardizing your resident status.
    As long as you clearly show you have the intent to return and not abandon your Residence here in the U.S. bank account, lease, job offer etc.
    Law Office of Jaclyn Miller
    Law Office of Jaclyn Miller | Jaclyn Miller
    Is your spouse going to the Philippines with you? I think I can help you with your situation but I have some questions of my own to ask you in order to clarify some things. If you give me a call perhaps we can discuss this further.
    GK Law Firm
    GK Law Firm | Galorah Keshavarz
    As long as you are not outside of the United States for 6 months than you are okay.