Will I be arrested if I am being charged with DUI and missed the first court date? 11 Answers as of March 04, 2014

I am being charged with a DUI I missed the first court date. I called the courthouse they said I now have a warrant and gave me a new court date. I believe it's the warrant quash and the arraignment. This is my only failure to appear ever. Do you think they will arrest me and it took them over three months to charge me is there a statute on the time?

Get a lawyer. Go to court. Explain why you missed the first court date.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Depends upon the Judge. No rule on point.
IT Forensics, Inc.
IT Forensics, Inc. | Christopher K. Steuart
As a matter of course if you miss a court date in a criminal case, a warrant will issue. So you would be subject to arrest. They may not actively look for you, but any tiny mistake or even just a random license plate check may trigger an arrest. These things can happen at the most inconvenient time like a Friday late afternoon before a holiday weekend. So a better course would be to contact the court about warrant quash dates and contact a bail bond agent as a backup before you go to court to quash the warrant (i.e. be prepared to deal with a bail being required for continued release).
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
You could be. There is a warrant and if you're stopped for something, you will probably go to jail unless you can make bail.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
If you have an outstanding bench warrant the police may come and arrest you, it depends on whether the signing Judge authorized "night service" and there are other variables too. Some jurisdictions are too busy with other matters to go to peoples homes and arrest them for failing to appear, others make a point of going to peoples homes and arresting them.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    You need to file a motion to quash as soon as possible.
    Eve Oldenkamp, Attorney at Law, P.C. | Eve Oldenkamp
    If they set a date for you to clear the warrant that usually mean as the warrant is still outstanding so you could get arrested between now and the court date. If this is your first offense, do not miss another date or you may forfeit your right to do a diversion that keeps it off you record. Statute of limitations on a misdemeanor is a year, so they are within the time limits.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    It's unlikely that you would be taken into custody, but you need to get that warrant cleared as soon as possible. Courts are much more forgiving if you promptly rectify the situation. Since you are facing DUI charges, I would highly recommend you hire a local criminal defense lawyer.
    They may arrest you, but if you can get the warrant quashed at the hearing, they would not do so.
    Law Office of Michael Norton
    Law Office of Michael Norton | Michael Norton
    Yes you can now be arrested if there is an active warrant. If you show up to court now they probably will not arrest you in court but hopefully you have a good reason for missing the first court date. An attorney can appear on your behalf and reduce the likelihood of the Judge taking you into custody.
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.