Will I be arrested for possession of a firearm? 8 Answers as of February 12, 2011

I am 20 years old and my sister just bought a firearm. I am about to start working for a armed security company and wanted to know if I could use her handgun even though its registered in her name. Will I get arrested for possession of the firearm? I live in California and I have my firearm open carry permit?

Law Office of Marc K. Herbert
Law Office of Marc K. Herbert | Marc K. Herbert
Possession of a firearm is legal in California and is protected by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Only a convicted felon cannot possess a firearm. Check with your employer about using a gun registered to someone else in the course and scope of your job duties. There's no law against that, but your employer may not allow it. If you have other questions about this issue, please call my office.
You will not be charged based only on the firearm belonging to your sister.
The actual question might be whether or not the security company will permit you to use your sister's gun. Legally, as long as there is nothing wrong with the gun, I do not see a problem.
Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy
Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy | Ryan P. Murphy
When questions like this are presented, I always choose the higher ground. Don't put yourself in risk of a felony. Buy your own weapon and make sure you register the weapon. The cost of defending this type of crime is more than the cost of a gun. Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact my office at your earliest convenience.
If you do not have a concealed weapons permit you cannot wear it concealed. Nor can you carry it loaded whether concealed or not. I do not understand what kind of permit you have as none is needed unless you wan to carry a concealed or loaded firearm.
    If you are not a felon then you can use her gun.
    Under 21 is not allowed to use a handgun without parental supervision or written approval. I doubt your employer will allow you to carry in violation of the law. Talk to them.