Will I be arrested for driving with a suspended license? 5 Answers as of April 04, 2012

Will I be arrested when I show up to court or will they give me time to get a lawyer?

Law Office of Timothy M. Donahue | Timothy M. Donahue
It depends on whether you have been charged with driving with a suspended license. Also, it depends on whether you have posted a bond for that case. There are alternatives that may be available to you, such as obtaining an occupational driver's license.
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
If you get pulled over, yes you will be arrested for Driving While License Suspended. Then you have to get a lawyer and fight it. They will give you time.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
If you have made bond after arrest and make your first appearance you will be reset to hire a lawyer.
Driving while license suspended is a Class B Misdemeanor. DON'T DO IT! And when you DO, do it, DON'T GET CAUGHT! When you go to court, it is highly unlikely anyone will ask how you go there. But, remember cops are at the courthouse all day, if one is in the courtroom an overhears you are on a suspended DL and then just happens to see you get into a car, that is just too easy for him or her.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C. | Robert Valles Jr.
Yes you will. And yes you will get time to hire an attorney.