Will I be able to use credit after I file for bankruptcy? 5 Answers as of August 27, 2010

I am thinking about bankruptcy. If I do file, will I be able to make any purchases using credit again?

Fasel, Fasel, & Nefulda, LLP
Fasel, Fasel, & Nefulda, LLP | Thomas Fasel
By filing bankruptcy, your credit will be damaged and it may be more difficult to obtain credit in the immediate future. However, over time, you will be able to repair your credit and increase the number of lines of credit that are available to you. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me for a free consultation.
Halpern Law Offices
Halpern Law Offices | Daniel B. Halpern
Yes, should you have credit. Please contact our office.
Yes, but you will have to wait until your case closes. The credit card you have you will lose when you file. So, you will have to apply for new credit cards.
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
Yes, but not right away. You will be able to continue to use debit cards throughout the bankruptcy and there after. After you receive your discharge, you will most likely receive offers of new credit.