Will I be able to take legal action for getting hit in the face and head multiple times if I am a minor? 15 Answers as of August 27, 2015

My friend’s girlfriend had some people over because their parents were out for the night, they came home early and kicked everyone out. Her father was very intoxicated and thought I thought something was funny, I assume this because when I was about to leave he kept asking me in a very intimidating and aggressive way if I think it’s funny. I did not want to get into an argument with my friends girlfriends father so I realized it was best to just leave but this time when I go for the door, next thing I know he lunges at me and grabs me, he is much bigger than me so I could not do anything. Next thing I know he is punching me in my face and in my head. The girls that were there that know him were yelling and pulling him off me because he hit me down to the stairs so I finally could get up.

Sure you will. DO you have $ 5000 to retain an attorney for civil action?
Yes as along as you have a guardian ad litem.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
Absolutely this is actionable. Need to discuss all of the details. Assuming witness corroboration, it?s probably indefensible, so the only issue is damages. It should be investigated and pursued.
Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
That would be a no.
Answer Applies to: Montana
If you are a minor you can still bring a suit; your parent will have to act as your guardian for that purpose. Please talk to an injury lawyer.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    Yes, it sounds like you may have a valid case against the man for battery. You will need to hire a lawyer to help you with your case.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    if you have not already done so you should report the incident to the police. You do have a civil claim for money damages to the extent you were injured.
    You will need to go through your parents.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    You can make a police report and see if the investigative findings are such that the local Prosecuting Attorney will press charges against the father.
    I think that you have a case; if someone is justified to act against you, like to eject you from the house, once that person uses more force than necessary, it becomes an assault on you. Do you recall the Rodney King video on TV? When he was on the ground, and the cop approached him with a baton and King held up one arm in a protective move, the cop's hitting him became an assault. If you can find out where dad was drinking, you could also make a claim against the bar for liquor liabiity.
    You have outlined a potential cause of action and therefore should be conferring with an attorney.