Will I be able to take legal action for getting hit in the face and head multiple times by an adult if i am a minor? 2 Answers as of May 05, 2011

My friends girlfiend had some people over becuase their parents were out for the night, they came home early and kicked everyone out. Her father was very intoxicated and thought I thought something was funny, I assume this because when I was about to leave he kept asking me in a very intimidating and aggressive way if i think its funny. I did not want to get into an argument with my friends girlfriends father so I realized it was best to just leave but this time when i go for the door, next thing I know he lunges at me and grabs me, he is much bigger than me so I could not do anything. Next thing i know he is punching me in my face and in my head. The girls that were there that know him were yelling and pulling him off me because he hit me down to the stairs so I finally could get up .

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Jackson White, PC
Jackson White, PC | Jeremy Geigle
Crimes against children or anyone under 18 by an adult can be very serious offenses in the state of Arizona. If an adult assaults a minor, it can lead to jail and even prison time for the offense. If you are a victim of a crime in Arizona you have rights under the Arizona Constitution. You have a right to receive restitution for any damage you suffered arising out of the criminal act. You may also have a viable civil claim to pursue as well. You may wish to consult with an attorney about your options.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 12/13/2010
Click to View More Answers: