Will I be able to return to the US at some point? 3 Answers as of January 18, 2011

I was living in the USA for 2 years illegally. I went there on a J-1 visa and was legal for 2 years but made a stupid decision and decided to stay there illegally. Recently I left the USA and flew back to Europe thinking that I will never be able to return, but at the airport nobody asked/said anything about my illegal status, nor did they ask for my I-94 back. I was wondering could it be possible that they failed/forgot to notice my immigration status? I was soo happy that there might be a ray of hope for me to correct my immigration status and maybe be able to return to this beautiful country legally?

There are several issues I would need resolved before answering your questions specifically. In general a J-1 does not accrue unlawful presence unless there is a finding that your status was denied. This does not mean that the consulate cannot take into consideration your overstay in determining whether you would honor the terms of your next visa and return as required.

I would also need to know whether your J-1 made you subject to a two-year foreign residency requirement and whether you would hope to return as a nonimmigrant or immigrant. I would be happy to consult with you on the specifics of your case - I do charge for consultations $350 per hour - but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
You won't know until you try to re-enter the country. It may be possible that you caught a lucky break.
ICE has huge database including anything. Make sure you don't have conflict with law, otherwise all these history will come out and make sure you never die to USCIS when asked questions.