Will I be able to get license? 10 Answers as of March 10, 2014

I am currently getting ready to take my property and casualty test for my insurance license. Unfortunately I don't have insurance and have epilepsy and have made quite a few trips to the hospital in the last year. I’m over my head in debt and finding myself running out of options and circling filing. But will it prevent me from getting my license?

I don't believe so, but I am not 100% certain (I have filed thousands of cases and have never heard of any such impediment to getting a license). Call the licensing authority and ask your question. That is the surest way of handling that matter.
Bankruptcy will not prevent you from getting a professional license.
In some professions, you are required to report a bankruptcy when you apply for a professional license, but it does not automatically bar you from getting the license. I would urge you to read the state laws regarding the licensing in your state, since knowing these laws will be crucial to you passing your examination to obtain the license.
Law Offices of Daniel J Winter
Law Offices of Daniel J Winter | Daniel J Winter
Bankruptcy filing could prevent you from getting some types of insurance or financial licenses. Check with the board that gives the licenses. However, you might be able to get the license and file bankruptcy afterwards. But, it depends on whether the renewal applications ask about bankruptcy. Call a lawyer for a free consultation to discuss the timing, after you check with the licensing boards' websites.
That is a question for the insurance governing organization.
    Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin
    Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin | Eric W. I. Anglin
    Ordinarily Bankruptcy should not be a bar to state licensure so you need to refer to your state's licensing requirements/eligibility.
    You would need to call the licensing board. However, filing bankruptcy probably will not prevent you from getting your license.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    You need to contact the state agency responsible for insurance licenses to ask whether a bankruptcy would prevent you from getting a license. While bankruptcy law is federal and thus fairly uniform throughout the country, insurance is regulated by the states. Therefore, the answer depends on your state agency's rules.
    I do not think that it will.
    Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
    You will have to check the licensing qualifications with your state regulatory agency.