Will I be able to get an extension on my probation time? 3 Answers as of June 07, 2011

I only have nine days until my probation is up. I thought I had until the end of June. My probation began June 11th. The probation term is for 36 months. Does that mean that it ends on June 11th three years later or the end of the month? If it ends on the 11th can I get an extension on my probation between now and then? If I can't, should I wait until the end of my probation then walk into the courthouse to be arrested? Or should I spend this weekend in jail to show the court or my probation officer that I took steps towards fulfilling my time. I live in a rural community. If there is a warrant out for my arrest I will be very easy to locate. I'm sure an officer or two can easily recognize me if I'm walking down the street. I can't spend eight straight days in jail because I will lose my job.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Maureen Furlong Baldwin
Law Office of Maureen Furlong Baldwin | Maureen Furlong Baldwin
Your question is hard to understand. Normally people want to get off probation so that they can no longer be arrested for probation violations. If you are on 3 years probation, that 3 years begins the date you were sentenced.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
That is entirely up to the DA and judge, subject to the persuasion of your attorney. Going to court immediately and voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you waiting and then being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. The more good faith compliance with the probation terms you can show, the more likely to get sympathy from the court. If youve simply ignored the courts orders until the bitter end, and now youre panicking, you can guess what the attitude of the judge will be. Probation could be revoked and you jailed on the original sentence. Contact a local criminal defense attorney for help. If youre local to me, feel free to contact me if serious about hiring counsel.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Law Offices of Phil Hache
Law Offices of Phil Hache | Phil Hache
I need to know more about your situation. What is it that you need to complete for probation? Were you supposed to surrender to jail as part of your plea agreement? If so, I am guessing that your surrender date was closer to the conviction date. To give you a more accurate answer, I need to know a bit more about the terms of your probation. I would be able to advise from there. Feel free to contact me.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: