Will I be able to file for a petition for my fiance with a criminal record? 2 Answers as of June 07, 2011

If a person has a criminal record of battery, can he or she still be able to file a fiance(e) petition for his or her fiance(e) from other countries successfully?

You are asking me if YOU have a criminal record for battery, whether you will be able to petition another person to be your spouse. YES unfortunately. I don't know many restrictions on a USC's ability to petition someone other than those on the "Adam Walsh Act" and some on the I-130 form itself. Petitioning is one thing, completion of the process is quite another. I wish you luck!
Generally speaking, yes, you can petition for a fiance or spouse if you have a criminal record. There may be some problems based on the nature of the conviction, specifically if it has to do with child abuse. Please review this information and call me to discuss the details of the case. Thank you.