Will I be able to come back to the United States if I marry outside of the country? 4 Answers as of August 01, 2011

My boyfriend of 14 yrs was deported to Mexico. He was caught crossing the border and served time in jail. He is been in jail/prison for misdmeanors before. What are the chances we have if I go to Mexico and marry him that we file a waiver for him to come back? I am a citizen. Also he has a 20 yr old son that could file as well. He was in this country for 22 yrs before his deportation.

It depends on the crimes he committed, the status before deportation and if he has triggered the permanent bar. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
More information about his convictions and immigration history, as well as your medical history and professional and educational status is necessary. No matter what, it's going to be tough.
The chance for a waiver will depend on the exact nature of the crimes and any extreme and unusual hardship to a qualifying US citizen or permanent resident relative. These cases are very fact-specific. Consult with and immigration attorney.
Are you saying he crossed the border and was caught after he was deported? If so, the situation is very serious. He must be barred to come to US permanently. A marriage with citizens will not solve this problem. You should consult a lawyer face to face to evaluate all your facts and advise accordingly. Y