Will I be able to apply for Social Security Disability for a learning disability that I have? 5 Answers as of September 19, 2012

It is hard for me to find a good job with my learning disability. It is hard for me to catch on fast or do something.

James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
POSSIBLE. Contact your local SS OFFICE.
Bassinger & Harvey
Bassinger & Harvey | Randy J Harvey
There is nothing to stop you from applying for Social Security disability based on your learning disability; however, it is not likely that you will qualify because you are able to work, though probably not a job that you would like to work at.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I suggest you ask an attorney that handles SS disability. I answer employment law questions. My understanding is they you have to be incapable of working any where. You say "hard for me to find a good job " That is not the same as finding any job. If I am right, you do not qualify for SS disability. Ask a SS lawyer.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
That is a possibility. Other factors include other impairments, age, education and work history.
Lee Law Group | Ernest Lee
Probably not, although it is possible. Social Security disability is generally for people who can't work at all. You learning disability does not cause you to be able to be unemployable. For example, you can be hired as a ditch digger. So I do not think Social Security can be used.