Will home owners insurance cover a fight that takes place right outside the house? 4 Answers as of November 25, 2010

I got into an altercation and was punched by a resident on the side walk adjacent to his house. The resident owns the house and its in Huntington Beach, California. The resident pleaded guilty in the criminal matter and I won.

Can I sue him for damages in civil court? I broke my orbital bone in my face and had cosmetic surgery.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dack Marasigan, LLP
Dack Marasigan, LLP | Martin E. Dack, Esq
Home insurance will cover for any injury or damage that happened on the owners property. Every claim will be looked upon based on its merit. The example above will be probably covered by the insurance.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/25/2010
Click to View More Answers: