Will he have to do a lot of time for having sex with a minor? 4 Answers as of August 30, 2010

My nephew was recently charged with having intercourse with a minor. He was at a party and both participants were intoxicated. The young lady told my nephew that she was both willing and of age. My nephew is only 20, has a clean record, works full time, and attends college. I know that there are many other important facts to this case, but is there a likelihood that he will have to serve serious time?

If convicted of any of the statutory rape type charges, yes, he could face not only prison time, but sex offender registration for life. He must take this seriously, and defend against the charges as best as possible. If he is serious about hiring counsel to help him, feel free to contact me.
From what you say, and this is without all the facts, he will not do serious time. This always depends on what you consider serious time. This is a case that is heavily fact driven and your nephew needs a attorney. This is mandatory! Have him contact me for a free consultation.
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
This is a very serious case. Hire an attorney to defend you asap. You can contact my office for a consult if you live in the area of my practice.