Will he go to jail if received a notice stating he fail to finish and has a resentencing date? 1 Answers as of February 13, 2014

My husband has about 15 out of 60 hours left he had an extension until the 17th. He will still have the service completed prior to the resentencing date. What should we expect? The extension was because his car engine blew. We have one car. My grandmother needs to be picked up and taken to dialysis and he works 40+ hours a week. We are a nervous wreck as he is the sole provider and we have two children.

Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
When a person fails to complete the punishment (or their end of the plea bargain) a judge is no longer obligated to keep their end of the bargain either and may be sentenced anywhere up to the maximum sentence of what they pleaded guilty to. Usually a judge will give a second chance, especially if some effort was made. Rarely do judges give a third chance but it could happen. Notify his lawyer immediately.