Will a green card holder have to leave the US during a divorce? 4 Answers as of February 22, 2011

If my husband will divorce me, will I have to leave US? I am here 1 year and 5 months almost and I recently give a birth to our child. I am green card holder, but I do not have any citizenship yet. Thank you!

Very unlikely.
If your green card is a conditioned green card, you will probably need to. However , if evidence show you are battered spouse, you may have chance to stay. You are welcome to contact us.
Convince your husband to hold off on the divorce until you have been married and here in the US for two years.
If you were granted a permanent Green Card (ex. does not expire after 2 years) it is not affected by your divorce and you keep your status. If you were granted a conditional Green Card (ex. expires after 2 years), you can still file to remove the condition and obtain a permanent Green Card even if you are divorced.