Will get deported if I haven’t applied for removing condition because we don’t have money to pay for it yet? 2 Answers as of September 16, 2017

My green card will expire soon and I don't think we can afford to pay for the condition removal or whatever it is called. I came here in the US almost two years now with a spouse visa. I don’t know about it and I'm kind of scared that they will deport me if my green card is expired. I don't want be away from my husband and kids.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
You will pay a lot more to rectify your status if you do not file a timely I-751 petition to remove condition.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/16/2017
Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC
Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC | Lana Kurilova Rich
If you don't file, it will be more difficult to remove conditions later, after your conditional permanent resident status expires, because you will have to show why you did not file timely. I recommend that you scrape up the filing fee or borrow or something, but it is so much better for you if you go ahead and file timely.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/13/2017
Click to View More Answers: