Will a DUI show up on your credit report? 25 Answers as of July 04, 2013

Can a DUI make your credit score worse or does it not affect it?

No, as far as I know, a DUI does not appear on a credit report .
It is on your DOJ records, which are part of a thorough background check by most employers and landlords. Technically, no affect on credit score. You can consider getting the conviction expunged; which would help in obtaining and keeping employment. Many convictions can be 'expunged' from criminal records by proper application and Petition to the court, if all terms of sentencing and at least one year of probation are completed, and if there are no new charges pending. If successful, the conviction would be retroactively reduced to a misdemeanor, if necessary, and then withdrawn and the charges dismissed. Expungement does not clear, 'remove' or erase the conviction, but merely changes the record to show 'conviction reversed and dismissed by expungement'. When applying for a job in the private sector, you generally do not have to disclose a conviction if it was expunged. However, the conviction is still a 'prior' or 'strike' for purposes of repeat offense, and must be disclosed on any application for government and professional employment and licensing, bonding, security clearance, etc. The licensing agency and employer then can decide whether you are barred from licensing or employment because of the conviction. If youre serious about doing this, and you think you qualify under those rules, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.
I do not believe that a DUI will show up on a credit score.
A credit report is a score based on many factors, but not your criminal record. Your perspective employers will run a record check and get a credit report to see what it turns up about your history since people with bad credit and criminal records are often immature, irresponsible, unsophisticated, and a liability as an employee. You will have a problem if you have a serious criminal record, but not for minor violations or traffic offenses.
I don't believe a criminal record affects your credit score unless there is a non-payment of fines or costs that is reported.
    Law Offices of Christopher Jackson
    Law Offices of Christopher Jackson | Christopher L. Jackson
    I have never heard of a DUI showing up on a credit report.
    Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    In general a criminal conviction will not show up on a credit bureau . However, if you don't pay your fines and costs immediately after conviction, your credit report will show a judgment against you in favor of the court.
    Harden Law Offices
    Harden Law Offices | Leonard D. Harden
    I have never heard of a DWI appearing on a credit report. It will appear on a DMV record which is publicly available to credit reporting agencies if they wanted to pay for it.
    While it should not adversely affect your credit report, it is possible it could show up because it definitely shows up on your insurance records. Good luck.
    A DUI will not show up on the credit reports. It will show up on a criminal background or history report.
    Law Office of Andrew Subin
    Law Office of Andrew Subin | Andrew Subin
    It will not effect your credit score unless you dont pay your fines.
    West law Office
    West law Office | Russell West
    There are two dies to a DUI. The criminal side, and the Department of Licensing side. It will who in both of these areas but will not show on your credit report.
    Law Office of Michael Moody
    Law Office of Michael Moody | Michael Moody
    It does not affect your credit report.
    Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre
    Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre | Jonathan T. Sarre
    Just the fact that you got a DUII shouldn't show up on a credit report. It would be on your driving record and your criminal history, but I doubt it would be on your credit history. It may, however, show up if you owe fines and fees, especially if those fines and fees have gone into collections. It is likely that a judgment from a court would show up if you haven't made arrangements to pay or those fines etc have gone into some kind of default status.
    Flores & Lopez Law Firm
    Flores & Lopez Law Firm | Joe Lopez
    Never heard of DWI going on your credit... that would be a first for me... maybe if you didn't pay some fees and they reported that?
    No. A DWI is not a financial transaction. Though it would appear on a background check, it would not appear on credit report.
    I do not know of any reason as to why a conviction for DUI would show up on a credit report. It is a permanent record as to your criminal and driving record. Your driver's license has a magnetic strip on the back of the license. The conviction will show up on this magnetic strip each and every time that your driver's license is run through a computer.
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
    Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
    I have never seen a Credit Report that included any reference to one's criminal history.
    Yes, it can. This usually comes from the negative impact a DUI has on your driving record (ie. DMV points and/or loss of hearing and/or suspension of license).
    that is do not know but it should not since it does not have direct financial consequences.
    Law Offices of Matthew Murillo
    Law Offices of Matthew Murillo | Matthew Murillo
    Will not affect it, unless you end up having someone sue you for injuries. Then, it is a possibility. It can have several other consequences, though.
    The Law Firm of David Jolly
    The Law Firm of David Jolly | David Jolly
    A DUI will not show up on your credit report. Criminal history and driving abstract, yes! Credit report, no.
    I wouldn't imagine how a DUI would effect or even show up on your credit score. It is completely criminally related and has nothing to do with credit. Maybe if you don't pay your driver's responsibility fees? You would have to check with someone who is an expert on consumer finance and credit scores.
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
    It will not show up on your credit report unless you failed to pay your fines. Even then, the DUI conviction probably wouldn't show up. Just the debt owed.