Will divorce go faster if my ex doesn’t want me to file a response to the divorce papers because we have no kids or property to split? 4 Answers as of February 17, 2017

Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
The divorce will not necessarily go faster. A divorce can be at the same time whether there is a response with an agreement or a default. The advantage of no response it that you would save a filing fee if you and your spouse agree to all the terms of the divorce judgment. You would benefit from speaking to a lawyer about your options.
Family Legal Ease
Family Legal Ease | Rivka Israel, Esq.
Not filing a Response will save you the cost of the filing fee but it will put you at risk of Default. If you do agree not to file a Response be sure to get an agreement from your spouse in writing that s/he will not file a default against you without giving you at lease two weeks advanced written notice. The case will go faster if the two of you cooperate, promptly prepare and serve your disclosure documents, and reach an agreement. That is really the only way to make the case go more quickly.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Not necessarily. All divorces in California take six months from the date you were served with the papers. No opposition is ok but watch the paperwork carefully.
It still takes a minimum of 6 months from service of the petition to terminate the marriage.