Will a dismissed misdemeanor still affect me? 8 Answers as of August 20, 2012

I got in trouble for stealing and completed a retail fraud class, 6 months probation, and paid up to $600 in fines. It was my 1st and last time ever in trouble and the case was only dismissed instead of expunged. Will this affect me signing up for a CNA class in Michigan? And do I answer no to questions like "have you been convicted of a misdemeanor in the past 5-10 years"? Again the case was dismissed and that was when I was 18, I'm 19 now.

Hunter Law Offices, PLLC
Hunter Law Offices, PLLC | S. Christopher Hunter
If the case has been dismissed then it is not on your record. If it was dismissed then it means that you were never convicted. Therefore you do not have to report it as you were never convicted.
If the case was dismissed then there is NO conviction so you do not have to report it.
Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
If it what is called a delay of sentence it is not a conviction, you need to talk with an attorney.
Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
If the case was dismissed, you were not convicted. You should file a motion with the court asking the court to enter an order for the destruction of your arrest record and fingerprints. If entered the order should be served on the police agency that arrested you and the Michigan State Police.
No, should not affect you.
    Law Office of Gregory T. Gibbs | Gregory T. Gibbs
    If your case was dismissed then you do not have a misdemeanor record from that case and it should not affect your CNA status. However, it sounds like you may be a bit confused about whether your case was dismissed by way of entry of a "plea under advisement" or you were placed on probation and paid a fine. Quite often first time offenders are allowed to enter a "plea under advisement" in which the prosecutor agrees to dismiss the charges if you complete certain requirements for 6 months. Those persons do not have a conviction on their record. I suggest you contact your former attorney, or, if you did not have counsel, the court and find out if you were in fact convicted of a misdemeanor and placed on probation, or, you entered a plea under advisement for 6 months with the charges being dismissed after you completed probation like terms .
    Ryan Berman, Esq | Ryan Berman
    It depends on the manner in which it was dismissed. It could have been taken under advisement, or if sentencing was deferred, or delayed, or a pre-trial dismissal through the prosecutors office. There are differences between all those for database reporting.
    Clos, Russell & Wirth, P.C. | Gary A. Russell
    If the case was deferred as you suggest and dismissed at the end of your probation (you may want to verify that with the court) then you do not have a conviction on your record. Of course, if the question is "have you ever been arrested or charged with a crime?" then you would have to answer yes.