Will a dismissed charge show up on my record as dismissed? 6 Answers as of June 22, 2012

I have a juvenile charge that was dismissed. I am at this moment attempting to get a government job. I was 14 at the time of charge and it was dismissed 5 days later. I am now 21. Will that record come up with the outcome of no conviction and dismissal?

Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
There probably won't be much of a record, period. Juvenile offenses are generally sealed and hard to access anyway and yes, no conviction should appear. There may be some record of a file, but of course, a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty or adjudicated guilty for the purposes of a juvenile proceeding.
It may be a sealed juvenile record that might not come up at all. But if it does it should come up as dismissed.
In Michigan your criminal record is made up of three columns. The first one is for a listing of any charges. The second is for the arresting agency. The third is for the final disposition by the court. Your case will show entries in all three columns. However, it will show "dismissed " or "nolle prosse" in the third column. I hope that this was helpful.
Law Offices of Douglas J. Lindsay
Law Offices of Douglas J. Lindsay | Douglas J. Lindsay
There are public records and "police records" that pertain to your question. If in fact you, as a juvenile (14 years old), were charged with a criminal offense, which was subsequently dismissed, that circumstance should not present itself on your "record" for employment purposes. This matter (not knowing what "offense" you were charged with) may be part of a separate "police record".
Dungan, Lady, Kirkpatrick & Dungan PLLC | Michael Dungan
It should, but not everyone who is supposed to does their job correctly. I spend a fair amount of my time on what I call criminal record/history clean up. You should do a background check on yourself to see what's out there. Most county sheriff's departments will give you a copy of your criminal history. You can run yourself on the Michigan State Police website (ICHAT) for $10.00 on your credit card. You should also request a copy of the your criminal history from the FBI, the request form is on the internet. Find out what's on there before you apply for a job, so if any clean up is needed, you can take care of that.
    If it was juvenile it should not be available on the public record. There may be an arrest record, perhaps with the police agency. In any case, and if it shows up, the record will show the complaint or charge was dismissed. Welcome to the age of Big Brother!